1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835)
8........ William Hinshaw (c1772-?) m Jane Hamm
9......... Thomas Hinshaw (1797-1869) m Elizabeth - (1809-1849)
10.......... George Washington Hinshaw (1822-1907) m Elizabeth Jane Robertson (1824-1893)
11........... Robert Tribble Henshaw (1863-1948) m Isabella Putman (1868-1952)
12............ James Boyd Henshaw (1901-1941)
+Zella Mae Isbell (1910-2003)
13............. (infant son) Henshaw (1928-1928) 1,2,3,4,5
13............. Robert James Boyd Henshaw (1931-) 3,4,5,6,7
James Boyd Henshaw [ID 05597]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
James Boyd Henshaw1,2,3,5,8 [Boyd Henshaw4].
Born Jun 14 1901, Estillfork, Jackson County, Alabama.1,2,3,5,6,8
He married Zella Mae Isbell, Jan 1 1927, Princeton, Jackson County, Alabama.1,3,4,5,8 Zella, daughter of William Robert Isbell & Mary Elizabeth Hinshaw, was born Mar 27 1910, Francisco, Jackson County, Alabama.3,4,5,6,8,9 James and Zella Mae were second cousins.
James and Zella were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930) Paint Rock Valley Road, Bishop Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama:8
Hinshaw, James B., head-of-household, age 28, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; first married at age 25; rented home; no radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Zella M., wife, age 20, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; first married at age 17.
Living next door in 1930 was the family of brother Ernest;10 living three houses away were James' parents.11 one more house away was the family of sister Carrie Ann;12 one more house away was the family of cousin Mary Susan Hinshaw.13
James and Zella were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 12 1940), Paint Rock Valley Road, Collins Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama:6
Henshaw, Boyd, head-of-household, age 38, born in Alabama; completed 5th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural [..blank..]; rented farm ($4/month rent); occupation: farmer, farm.
Henshaw, Zella, wife, age 30, born in Alabama; completed 6th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural [..blank..].
, son, age 8, born in Alabama; completed 2nd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural [..blank..]; attended school.
James Boyd Henshaw died Oct 12 1941, Estillfork, Jackson County, Alabama; buried Henshaw Cemetery, Jackson County, Alabama.1,2,3,5
Zella remarried to Robert William Campbell, Jul 8 1956.4,5
Zella died Mar 12 2003, buried Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Huntland, Franklin County, Tennessee.4,5,9
Photo: James Boyd Henshaw
Photo: Zella Mae Isbell
Photo: James Boyd Henshaw & Zella Mae Isbell with son J.B. Henshaw
Photo: James Boyd Henshaw gravestone Henshaw Cemetery
Photo: Zella Mae Isbell gravestone Mt. Carmel Cemetery
Social Security information for Zella Mae Isbell: 422-20-6280
- "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers", a directory of Alabama cemeteries
by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw, Evelyn Rochelle, and Addie Shaver,
F332 P34446 1986, in the Tennessee State Library and Archives;
Also 976.195 V3hk in the LDS Family History Library (not on microfilm).
Contributed by Robert Worley.
- Robert and Bell Henshaw Cemetery burials; USGenWeb Archives:
- Genealogy data (Henall.FTW) by George Frederick Langley, Jr..
- Contribution from Phyllis Joan (Morris) Fisher.
- 1940 census, Collins Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T627-40, ED 36-22, page 1B, line #64, household #16.
- Contribution from Joanie (Morris) Fisher.
- 1930 census, Bishop Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T626-20, ED 23, page 4A, line #3, dwelling #72, family #72.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1930 census, Bishop Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T626-20, ED 23, page 4A, line #5, dwelling #73, family #73.
- 1930 census, Bishop Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T626-20, ED 23, page 4A, line #16, dwelling #75, family #75.
- 1930 census, Bishop Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T626-20, ED 23, page 4A, line #18, dwelling #76, family #76.
- 1930 census, Bishop Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T626-20, ED 23, page 4A, line #24, dwelling #77, family #77.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]