1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... William Henshawe (c1608-1644) m Katherine Houghton (1615-1651)
4.... Joshua Henshawe (1643-1717) m Elizabeth Sumner (?-1728)
5..... Joshua Henshaw (1672-1747) m Mary Hay Webster (1672-1747)
6...... Daniel Henshaw (1701-1781) m Elizabeth Allen Bass (1703-1774)
7....... Benjamin Henshaw (1730-1793) m Mrs. Huldah (Stillman) Sumner
8........ Joshua Henshaw (1765-1840) m Esther Burnham (1768-1853)
9......... John Leavitt Henshaw (1792-1832) m Ann Maria Corey (1795-?)
10.......... Edward Carrington Henshaw (c1821-1872) m Sarah Edwards Tyler (1822-1894)
11........... Edward Tyler Henshaw (1849-1904) m Mary Ranlett (1854-1937)
12............ Thomas Dale Henshaw (1891-)
+Olive Stow (c1894-)
13............. Robert Stow Henshaw (1914-1951) 1,2,3
13............. Edward Tyler Henshaw (1920-1999) 2,4,5
+Isabel B. Sweet (1893-1954)
Thomas Dale Henshaw [ID 06026]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Nov 30 1891, California.2,6,7,8
He married Olive Stow2,4 [Olive S. Towe9], Jun 5 19182,4. Olive was born about 1894, California.2
Federal land grant records show that Thomas D. Henshaw acquired two parcels of land in Mendocino County, California on Jan 10 1930.10
Thomas and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930), 55 York Drive, Piedmont, Alameda County, California:2
Henshaw, Thomas D., head-of-household, age 38, born in California; father born in Illinois; mother born in California; first married at age 26; owned home ($12,000 value); radio in home; occupation: investor, investments; World War I veteran.
Henshaw, Olive S., wife, age 36, born in California; father born in California; mother born in Germany; first married at age 24.
, son, age 15, born in California; parents born in California; attended school.
, son, age 9, born in California; parents born in California; attended school.
Jacobs, Mildred, cook, age 28, born in Texas; father born in Texas; mother born in Kansas; divorced, first married at age 22; occupation: cook, private family.
Thomas and Olive were divorced in 1949 (Olive remarried Nov 23 1949 to Charles C. Kenney).4
He then married Isabel B. Sweet4 [Isabell B. Sweet9, Isobel Bolton (Riley) Sweet11, Isobel Bolton Riley11], Feb 24 19504. Isabel, daughter of James Edward + Anna Elizabeth Riley, was born Jan 8 1893.11
No children from the second marriage.4
Isabel died Nov 6 1954, Alameda County, California.4,12
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- 1930 census, Piedmont, Alameda County, California; roll T626-110, ED 336, page 4A, line #4, dwelling #62, family #62.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- "Our Family: A Little Account of it for my Descendents", by Sarah Edwards Henshaw,
Oakland, California, 1894, contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
USIGS scan: http://www.usigs.org/library/books/families/Henshaw1894
- RootsWeb California Birth Record Database:
- "Timothy and Rhoda Ogden Edwards of Stockbridge, Mass., and Their Descendents: A Genealogy", by William H. Edwards (1903, Cincinnati: The Robert Clarke Company);
- 1900 census, 3rd Ward, Oakland, Alameda County, California; roll T623-82, ED 352, page 7A, line #22, dwelling #137, family #140.
- 1910 census, 5th Ward, Oakland, Alameda County, California; roll T624-70, ED 124, page 132A, line #1, dwelling #508, family #544.
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- USGenWeb archives: http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/ca/ca-land.htm.
- Contribution from Charles Riley ().
- "California Death Index".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]