1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835)
8........ Thomas Hinshaw (1775-1824) m Lucy Clanton (1773-1859)
9......... Benjamin J. Hinshaw (1795-1860) m Ruth Carter (1792-1882)
10.......... John Thomas Hinshaw (1832-1910) m Sarah Jane Coe (1833-1901)
11........... Henry Luther Hinshaw (1863-1942) m Mary Lou Jester (1873-1942)
12............ Oscar Gorrell Hinshaw (1898-1961)
+Florence Alice Hobson (1901-1991)
13............. Joyce Elizabeth Hinshaw (1925-2011) 1,2,3,4,5
13............. Ruby Nell Hinshaw (1927-2003) 1,2,4,5
13............. Curtis Grady "Pete" Hinshaw (1929-2006) 1,2,4,5
13............. Betty Jean Hinshaw (1932-) 1,3,4
13............. Bobby Gray Hinshaw (1934-) 1,3,4
13............. Bruce Monroe Hinshaw (1936-) 1,4
13............. Rex Warren Hinshaw (1939-) 1,4
13............. Wanda Lou Hinshaw (1942-) 1,4,6
13............. Gary Lee Hinshaw (1945-) 6,7
13............. Henry Steven Hinshaw (1947-1965) 3,4,5,6,7
Oscar Gorrell Hinshaw [ID 09665]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Oscar Gorrell Hinshaw1,8 [Oscar Garrel Hinshaw1,9].
Born Aug 25 18981 [Aug 25 18978,9, Aug - 189610,11], Fall Creek, Yadkin County, North Carolina1.
Oscar was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 8 1920), living in the household of his sister Vallie in Yadkin County, North Carolina:12
Davis, Floyd J.
, head-of-household, age 21, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; rented home; farmer.
, wife, age 18, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
, son, age 5 months, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
, mother, age 55, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; widow.
Hinshaw, Oscar, laborer, age 21, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; farm laborer.
He married Florence Alice Hobson, Oct 15 1924.1,9,13 Florence, daughter of William Monroe Hobson & Sara Susannah "Susie" Jester, was born Nov 12 1901, Yadkinville, Yadkin County, North Carolina.1,8,13,14,15
Note that Florence's mother and also Oscar's mother were both Jesters - Florence and Oscar were 3rd cousins once removed.9
Also: Wesley Lawrence Hinshaw, Oscar's 4th cousin once removed, married Florence's sister, Ruby Lee Hobson.
Oscar and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), Fall Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina:2
Hinshaw, Oscar G., head-of-household, age 31, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 25; owned home; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Hinshaw, Florence, wife, age 28, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 22.
Hinshaw, Joyce E.
, daughter, age 4 years 8 months, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Hinshaw, Ruby N.
, daughter, age 2 years 6 months, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
, son, age 4 months, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Oscar Gorrell Hinshaw died Jan 5 1961, Yadkinville, Yadkin County, North Carolina; buried Union Grove Baptist Church Cemetery, Yadkinville, North Carolina.1,8,9
In 1991 Florence was living in Boonville, Yadkin County, North Carolina.14
Florence died Mar 29 1991, buried Union Grove Baptist Church Cemetery, Yadkinville, North Carolina.1,14
Social Security information for Florence Alice Hobson: 237-70-0235
- "The Hobson Family Lineage", by Jay W. Hobson, 1994; GS929.2 H684 in a local library
- 1930 census, Fall Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T626-1730, ED 11, page 7B, line #54, dwelling #132, family #132.
- North Carolina Birth Index, 1800-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Curtis Grady "Pete" Hinshaw.
- Obituary of Joyce Elizabeth Hinshaw.
- Posting May 23 2001 by Ray Parker () to JESTER-L.
- Contribution from Bill Hinshaw citing:
"The Heritage of Yadkin County", Vol. 1, 1981.
- Family group sheets contributed by Thornton Neal Hinshaw
- Contribution from Ray Parker ().
- 1900 census, Fall Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T623-1225, ED 137, page 10A, line #13, dwelling #173, family #173.
- 1910 census, Fall Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T624-1130, ED 141, page 6B, line #76, dwelling #111, family #111.
- 1920 census, Fall Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T625-1324, ED 197, page 6B, line #95, dwelling #101, family #103.
- "Hobson, the Descendants of George and Elizabeth Hobson"; Earl H. Davis; Privately published. 1957.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Posting Dec 12 2000 by Ray Parker () to JESTER-L.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:51 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]