1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Benjamin Hinshaw (1738-1840) m Elisabeth Hinshaw (1750-1823)
8........ Jacob A. Hinshaw (1778-1826) m Phebe Allen (1789-1869)
9......... Solomon Hinshaw (1817-1873) m Rachel Hodgin (1819-1869)
10.......... Lindley Murry Hinshaw (1851-1913)
+Mahala Jane Brumfield (1855-1926)
11........... Clyde Earl Hinshaw (1881-1955) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
11........... William Hinshaw (1882-1882) 3,5
11........... Harriet Rachel Hinshaw (1883-1952) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
11........... Aretus John Hinshaw (1884-1969) 3,4,5,6,9,10,11
11........... Alva Ohler Hinshaw (1888-1953) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Lindley Murry Hinshaw [ID 01180]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Dec 20 1851, Randolph County, Indiana.1,6,7,9,12,13
He married Mahala Jane Brumfield1,2,3,9,12,14 [Mahalia Brumfield4, Mahala Bromfield14], Feb 21 18771,2,3,9,12,14, Randolph County, Indiana1,2,3,9,12,14. Mahala, daughter of Jesse Brumfield & Harriet Ellis, was born Apr 5 1855, Randolph County, Indiana.1,6,7,13,15
Lindley & Mahala were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 14 1880), Valley Township, Rice County, Kansas:13
Hinshaw, Lindley, age 28, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; farmer.
Hinshaw, Mahala, wife, age 25, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Ohio; keeping house.
At White River MM on 4-1-1899, Lindley & wife Mahala and children Clyde, Hattie, Aretas, & Alva were received on a certificate from Sterling MM.1
Lindley and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 4 1900), Wayne Township, Randolph County, Indiana:6
Hinshaw, Lindley M., head-of-household, age 48, born Dec 1851 in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; married 23 years; occupation: farmer; owned farm (mortgaged).
Hinshaw, Mahala J., wife, age 45, born April 1855 in Indiana; father's birthplace unknown; mother born in Ohio; married 23 years; 6 children, 4 living.
Hinshaw, Clyde E.
, son, age 19, born June 1880 in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; attended school 3 months; occupation: farm laborer.
Hinshaw, Hattie R.
, daughter, age 17, born April 1883 in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; attended school 7 months.
Hinshaw, Aretas J.
, son, age 15, born Oct 1884 in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; attended school 6 months.
Hinshaw, Alva O.
, son, age 12, born Feby 1888 in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; attended school 7 months.
Lindley and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 28 1910), Wayne Township, Randolph County, Indiana:7
Hinshaw, Lindley M., head-of-household, age 58, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; first marriage, married 33 years; occupation: farmer; owned farm (free).
Hinshaw, Mahala, wife, age 55, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first marriage, married 33 years; 5 children, 5 living; occupation: none.
Hinshaw, C. Earl
, son, age 29, born in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; single; occupation: farmer.
, daughter, age 27, born in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; single; occupation: none.
, son, age 22, born in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; single; occupation: farmer; attended school.
Lindley Murry Hinshaw died Mar 7 1913, White River MM, Randolph County, Indiana.1,3
Widow Mahala was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 21 1920), Wayne Township, Randolph County, Indiana:15
Hindshaw, Mahala, head-of-household, age 64, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; widow; owned home; occupation: housekeeper.
Moody, Mary L., sister, age 62, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; widow; occupation: none.
Brumfield, Amy A., sister, age 60, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; single; occupation: none.
Brumfield, Jesse, father, age 86, born in Ohio; parents born in Virginia; widower; occupation: none.
Living next door in 1920 was the family of son John.16
Mahala died Jun 7 1926.3,11,12
There is a possibility that son William might have had a twin sister named Ruth Harriet. She was shown in a family bible, also born in 1882.4 This seems to be corroborated in the 1900 census, where Mahala declared she had borne a total of six children.6
Photo: Lindley Murry Hinshaw family
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Kansas.
- Family lineage contributed by Edwin Everett Hinshaw
- The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family
lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw,
contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Diane Smith Battershell ().
- 1900 census, Wayne Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T623-399, ED 130, page 2B, line #88, dwelling #48, family #50.
- 1910 census, Wayne Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T624-376, ED 143, page 8B, line #79, dwelling #186, family #181.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by "Decatur IN FHC" ().
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- Family group sheets contributed by Kent Myrick ()
- Johnson, Eddis and Hugh Buckner Johnston. "The Johnsons and Johnstons of Corrowauch in Isle of Wright County, Virginia".
Privately Published. Indiana 1979.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1880 census, Valley Township, Rice County, Kansas; roll T9-394, ED 283, page 271D, line #20, dwelling #74, family #74.
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (county bk page 19).
- 1920 census, Wayne Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T625-464, ED 162, page 4A, line #7, dwelling #72, family #72.
- 1920 census, Wayne Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T625-464, ED 162, page 4A, line #1, dwelling #71, family #71.
- "Through Memory's Window", by Edwin Everett Hinshaw; USGenWeb Archives:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]